Camden proposes to make permanent the trial closures that were installed in Prowse Place and Wilmot Place in June 2020.
The Prowse Place closure was originally by means of bollards but has been replaced by ANPR and signage while the Wilmot Place closure is by means of bollards.
Camden also proposes to:
- Improve connections for cycling on Wilmot Place between Royal College Street and St Pancras Way:
- for eastbound cyclists a Tiger crossing into the contraflow on Wilmot Place west
- for westbound cyclists, a bollard protected lane and a place to wait before turning right into the St Pancras Way cycle lane
- But they have not proposed a solution of making the right turn into Wilmot Place west from the northbound cycle track on Royal College Street.
- A blended junction on Wilmot Place at Pancras Way
- strong blue paint markings where the cycle lanes on Royal College Street pass the junction with Wilmot Place.
- Make Jeffreys St/ Wilmot Place, between Prowse Place and St Pancras Way, two-way for motor vehicles (introduces left hook risk - blue paint enough?)