The revised scheme (largely funded by TfL) incorporates the following measures:
- Removing much of the parking along the western side of the High street, and widening the pedestrian footway to provide a safer and more enjoyable shopping experience.
- Upgrade of existing pedestrian crossings, with the added advantage of a shorter crossing width. This should reduce queueing times at the crossing.
- Proposed new ‘at any time’ waiting restrictions on the High Street, as indicated on the attached plan.
- Proposed new loading restrictions on the High Street and at the junctions of High Street with Union Street and Salisbury Road.
- Introduction of trees, where physically possible, to both improve the look of the area and have a beneficial effect on the air quality.
- Introduction of cycle stands to promote sustainable transport and provide secure cycling parking.
- New benches are proposed to encourage people to stop in the area and enjoy the ambience of the rejuvenated High Street. New bins are also proposed to promote a litter-free High Street.
If you would like to view a plan for further details then please attend one of our unmanned drop in sections at Chipping Barnet Library, the plans will be on show in the entrance hall for all to view.
If you wish to make any comments or objections regarding the proposals please send them in writing quoting reference number BC/000888-01 by 21st June 2018, by:
Telephoning: 020 8359 3555